Tuesday, September 6, 2011

US OPEN first week women's summary

A week ago I predicted who will be the 2011 US OPEN Champions. During this week, men's draw is stable as usual and women's draw rocked as hell, which is also as usual. Let me grade players I care about.
Women:
LI Na, as a French Open Champion, she is still struggling and can't find her feel. Lacking confidence and attention is her main problem.
PENG Shuai, as the second high ranking Chinese, currently, she did a good job and reached the 4th round. Facing Penneta, a steady and intelligent player, her plan A couldn't work out and she don't have Plan B. Even though she had 4 set points in the second set tiebreak, she didn't convert any of them. What a pity.
Maria SHARAPOVA, the Russian beauty was predicted as a strong competitor for Championship, but she still have unfixed problem. Double faults dragged her down as usual.
Serena WILLIAMS, a true heroine and queen in WTA, she defeated Victoria AZARINKA as I expected and I don't think there will be any woman can beat her at even 50% chance. She has the most powerful serve and steeled mind, and, most importantly, she don't have any injury right now. She is healthy, unlike her sister Venus WILLIAMS.
Caroline WOZINIACKI, the top seed crossed a few barriers in former rounds. I think she can reach semifinal and face Serena WILLIAMS. But I doubt she can bebeat her this time. If she, with lots of luck, beat Serena, I think she will finally win her first Grand Slam and prove her Top 1 ranking.
I will do men's summary next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment