Friday, September 9, 2011

Celebrate my month arrival! Congratulations, Derek. You are still a lame boring Foreigner.

Yes. It's true. I have been here for a month. A month ago, my flight landed in OKC in thunder. After 20 hours' journey I finally saw the city I might spend lots of years in.
The first week was the most horrible experience in my life. I couldn't overcome time difference. I was dizzy at daytime and not able to sleep at night. And I had to deal with lots of stuff in that status. At least, I survived that.
It took me two weeks to basically settle down, even though I still need some stuff now. And thank God, I have a excellent roommate. He really made our apt like a home. It's very comfy.
Feeding myself is another challenge. When it comes to food, I'm very picky. My first try was better than I expected. After others' correcting, now I can cook really good Chinese food for myself. Things I cook taste like my mum did.
Tennis is another important thing in my life. I enjoy playing tennis though I suck. Now I play with friends in my lab every week. And I also met some new friends on the court. They all play very well. There are lots of things I need to improve to catch up with them.
Course and lab work are fine right now. But I might loose myself too much. I need to work harder.
And my English is still poor.
One thing at a time, Derek. You will get there eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment