Tuesday, September 6, 2011

US OPEN first week men's summary

Last time I talked about female players' performance in the first week. Now it's time for men.
Novak DJOKOVIC, he, without any surprise, didn't lose a single set. I think he is the one using least time for now. He even only let his competitor got 2 games during 3 sets. Match he cares maybe start from semifinal facing Roger Federer.
Roger FEDERER, I watched his match with Marin CILIC, and he didn't play his best. If he wants to win this tournament, he needs to improve his status.
Jo-Wilfried TSONGA, he and Mardy FISH played a terrific match and he won the chance to face Roger FEDERER again. I think he will still cause lots of trouble for Roger and may beat him again.
Gilles SIMON and Juan Martin DEL POTRO, two players I love the most faced each other in the third round. I am looking forward this match since I saw the draw. It's a quite heart-wrenched match. I hope both of them can go further but I expected a amazingg match between them. They already met in Wimbledon this year and Juan Martin won after 2 tiebreak and another set reaching 7 games. Every time they met the match is  intense as hell. Power vs. Speed. This is the best way to describe their match. This time, SIMON played very well and DEL POTRO is still on his way finding his serve and backhand after wrist injury. SIMON served incredible well, he served more aces than Juan Martin, who is 6 inches taller. He played an aggressive match and shot more winners too. His performance is almost perfect. I trust him to go much more further this time.
Overall, my prediction still has chance to become true. But personally, I hope TSONGA meet SIMON in men's final, and WOZINIACKI and ZVONALIVA meet in women's final.

No comments:

Post a Comment