Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sentence Order

It's always fun to learn about sentence order.
Back in China, I was taught many things about English sentense order. One of the most impressive things I learned is about adjutant order. I was taught a Chinese jingle to remember this order. The jingle is Mei-Xiao-Yuan-Jiu-Huang-FaGuo-Mu-Shu-Fang. In English it means a Beautiful Small Round Old Yellow French Wood Study Room. There are also other jingles to remember this order. That's how Chinese people learn English.
After I read the writing book, I found out that Americans learn English by making jokes or sacarsms. In this way, how should the adjutant order be taught? A ugly giant triangle ancient black Antarctic paper bath kitchen? Maybe you guys can give me the answer.
Order in Chinese is different from that in English. Chinese say I and you study English, whereas Americans say you and I study Chinese. Chinese say from the heaven drops down an angle, whereas Americans say an angle drops down from the heaven. etc.
All these different sentence order and other grammar differences between Chinese and English cause me a lot of trouble. I hope I can overcome these without too much efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment