Thursday, September 29, 2011

Never cook food beyond your skill.

Last week I tried a couple of new stuff to cook. The result turned out to be a disaster.
Peking Sauce Pork, one of my favorite food, was the first on my to-do list. I looked up its protocol on the internet and I followed it step by step. I seemed fine during each step. But when it was all finished, it tasted so bad. I tried some way to fix it but it did't work out. It must be something I did wrong with the pork or the sauce.
Another food on the list is Chinese pancake. My mum showed me how to do that once. I tried to make it based on memory. The first one burned, Second too dry, third too much salt, finally i succeeded on the forth one. I made a lot and kept the rest in the fridge. But It's too dry after microwaved.
Today I found the potatoes and cucumbers I stored went bad, so I have to throw them. I used to cook good potatoes, but I abandoned them for fail-cooked food. What a jerk I am.
From now on, I will stick to what I'm good at and never try things beyond my ability, at least for a long while.

No comments:

Post a Comment