Sunday, October 30, 2011

What is the Chinese God?

Today, one of my friend asked me if I believe in God. Honestly, I don't believe in God. I'm a scientist-to-be person. I think all scientists or people having strong believe in science should honor the power of the universe and leave God alone. But people have emotions and feelings. They need more other than solid truth. Even though I don't believe any God-like stuff, I say "God bless me" a lot. So what is the Chinese God? The Buddha? Or Yuhuangdadi, Chinese version King of the Heaven, like Zeus? In Chinese we say something meaning "God bless me" especially when we get good luck. In this case, "God" is not a person, it's more like the nature or the universe. So the Chinese God seems more scientific. Just kidding. The majority of Chinese don't have an actual belief, and some minorities have their believes. There are Muslims, Buddhists, Daoists, etc. BTW, Buddhists think human is goodness while Christians think human is sin. Why are they so judgmental instead of dialectical? We are who we are no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment