Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Right and responsibility.

Today, right before I found out I need to do blogs from Carrie, I went to a lecture at the Union. It's about women and gender. Most of the lecture is about sexuality and sexual rights. She made some good points and there are some of her opinions I don't agree with.
One I doubted most is she think marriage is just convenient to get rights. She thinks we should more focus on fighting for rights themselves instead of marriage, which is just a format.
I think marriage should not be just about rights, There are lots of responsibilities along with the marriage. People who always says they need more rights do not pay much attention to the responsibilities they should respect. Rights are along with responsibilities. Marriage, of course, is a easy way to get some certain rights but it also requires and reminds people of their responsibilities. She is a little extreme about rights and does not see things clearly. It's cool to listen to some different ideas. But just being cool is not enough. She should be more persuasive  to let me buy her points.

No comments:

Post a Comment