Thursday, August 25, 2011

Why do I blog?

Everybody has Facebook now. People already get used to update their Facebook status with brief words instead of rambling their feelings with many pages. But writing is an important skill, especially  in scientific communication, and blogger is a helpful way for me to improve my English.
I'm a Chinese guy who just came to America for only half a month. English isn't my mother tongue and I'm not used to express how I feel about things in English. Thus, fluent English writing is much harder for me than local Americans. I need more practice, such as blogs. Hopefully, I will be able to not write poor English after a semester's exercise.
As for local Americans, they have already been well trained in routine English writing. I don't think they need to worry about their English as me. This blogger stuff must been so easy for them. If they see these craps I write, they must be wondering, "Why does this Chinese guy take a scientific writing course. He need to go back to primary school to get some basic American writing education. Stop wasting our professor's time, dude!"

No comments:

Post a Comment