Sunday, December 4, 2011

POTLUCK

Yesterday, all the people in our lab, mostly Chinese, went to our boss's place to have an annual potluck party. Most people there, especially our boss's family, come from Hunan Province of China. That province is very famous for spicy food in China. They add a lot of peppers in every single dish. The spicier, the better. Hence, most dishes there are super spicy, spicier than the restaurants. For people who enjoy spicy food a lot, it's a wonderful party with best dinner in a year. But for people like me, who is really not a fan of spicy food and even scare of it, it's a nightmare. All the food look very nice, I tried those dishes. Every bite is like gambling. Gamble whether this dish is superior spicy or normal spicy. Then drink a lot of water to cool down my throat. After that, all I can do is eat more fruit and desert to feed myself. As for my dish, not many people enjoyed it. It is more salty for them. It's totally made in my style. I just like salty a lot and hate spicy's guts.

No comments:

Post a Comment